Posted in Covid Testing Type on December 2, 2021
The COVID-19 IgG & IgM Rapid Test Device utilizes lateral flow technology that is used for the qualitative, differential detection of both anti-SARS-CoV-2 IgM and IgG antibodies. In general, antibodies can be detected 1-3 weeks after infection. This test is intended to screen patients for COVID-19 for recent or past infection.
- The COVID-19 IgG/IgM has been evaluated with the 113 blood samples obtained from patients exhibiting pneumonia or respiratory symptoms.
- The sensitivity of the IgM test is 87.9% and specificity 100% when compared to RT-PCR.
- The sensitivity of the IgG test is 97.2% during the convalescence period, and specificity is 100%.
- IgM negative, IgG negative: Patient not exposed or too early.
- A medical professional should observe symptoms and epidemiology of patients.
- Retesting should be considered if symptoms appear or persist.
- IgM positive, IgG positive/negative: Acute or recent infection.
- IgM negative, IgG positive: Previous, distant infection.